April 27, 2009 by DJ Elroy
Release Date: June 8, 2009
LISTEN TO A SAMPLE OF THIS HERE (courtesy of Anjunabeats)
Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab Sirens Of The Sea Remixed is now available to pre-order from CDJShop.com. Pre-ordered copies will be signed by Above & Beyond so get yours while it’s hot!
Above & Beyond were recently voted Best Group at the International Dance Music Awards, ahead of the likes of Daft Punk, Soulwax, Justice, and Pendulum. This significant award for their musical output sits neatly beside their No.4 ranking in the Top 100 DJs Poll.
OceanLab ‘Sirens Of The Sea Remixed’ brings together 20 (including 9 specially commissioned) club mixes of tracks from OceanLab’s iTunes dance chart topping album of last year, plus a handful of Oceanlab classics including UK Top 20 hit ‘Satellite’. Anthemic mixes from Anjuna artists including Above & Beyond, Oliver Smith, Jaytech, Michael Cassette, and 16 Bit Lolitas, sit alongside reinterpretations from top flight names such as Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Signum, Lange, Gareth Emery, Andy Duguid, and more, making this the definitive collection of club mixes from one of clubland’s most popular vocal dance projects.
Widely regarded as the world’s premier trance and progressive house label, Above & Beyond’s Anjunabeats imprint receives consistent acclaim from critics and electronic music fans alike. Under their OceanLab guise, which also features vocalist Justine Suissa, the trio of Tony, Jono, and Paavo, have established themselves as a leading force when it comes to intelligently written vocal dance music. Highlights of CD1 include Jaytech’s remix of ‘If I Could Fly’, the high-flying Michael Cassette boys play on the yearning undertones of ‘Come Home’, and reinterpretations from Anjuna débutantes Andy Duguid (‘On A Beach’) and Gareth Emery (‘Lonely Girl’). Meanwhile, Above & Beyond’s club mixes of ‘On A Good Day’, ‘Miracle’, ‘Breaking Ties’, and ‘Sirens Of The Sea’ all show how the originals translate into powerful dancefloor bombs.
On CD2, Andrew Bayer’s mix of ‘Secret’ is major departure from the original, while Hungarian duo, Myon & Shane 54 combine for a techy spin on ‘Just Listen’. Anjunadeep’s 16 Bit Lolitas get stuck into ‘On A Good Day’, fashioning a truly blissed-out ten minutes of electronica for the summer months. ‘Sirens Of The Sea’ gets a brooding makeover from Ralf ‘Sonorous’ Müller and the Duderstadt brothers stir up a blend of sweeping synths and gentle electronics as ‘Breaking Ties’ gets its second remake. The album closes with remixes of old favourites including ‘Satellite’, Armin’s ‘Sky Falls Down’ remix, Ferry Corsten’s take on ‘Clear Blue Water’ and finally, Signum’s epic remake of ‘Beautiful Together’.
Mixmag Magazine – “Album Of The Month”
1. If I Could Fly (Jaytech Remix)
2. Come Home (Michael Cassette Remix)
3. On The Beach (Andy Duguid Remix)
4. Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix)
5. On A Good Day (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
6. I Am What I Am (Lange Remix)
7. Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix)
8. Miracle (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
9. Ashes (Oliver Smith Remix)
10. Sirens Of The Sea (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
1. Secret (Andrew Bayer Remix)
2. Just Listen (Myon & Shane 54 Remix)
3. On A Good Day (16 Bit Lolitas Remix)
4. Miracle (Michael Cassette Remix)
5. Sirens Of The Sea (Sonorous Remix)
6. Breaking Ties (Duderstadt Vocal Remix)
7. Satellite (Original Above & Beyond Mix)
8. Sky Falls Down (Armin van Buuren Remix)
9. Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Remix)
10. Beautiful Together (Signum Remix)