January 3, 2012 by DJ Elroy
The problem with putting your mix up a few days before the end of the month is that no one sees it until the following month. And by then they’re likely to skip over it for all the newer, more “current” stuff.
But here it is.
Another new face on the Digital Dancefloor, Mroz brings the year to a close with a “new progressive” mix (you know, a straight 4/4 kick that sounds the same in every track, some diva singing some poppy hooks over uplifting synth lines). I much prefer the original prog sound (now dubbed “melodic tech/house) but this mix just hit the spot for me. Right mix, right time. Despite the pop-vibe, this mix does have solid tracks, a nice flow, and it just works. See for yourself! 4/5
01. Starkillers & Nadia Ali – Keep It Coming (Basto Remix)
02. Ric Scott And Dave Payne ft. Alice B – Paradise Ep (Andrei Knight Club Mix) – Mroz Edit
03. Tiesto pres. Steve Forte Rio feat. Lindsey Ray – Slumber (Mroz Edit)
04. Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara – Body Work
05. Adrian Lux Ft. The Good Natured – Alive (Basto Remix)
06. Basto – Again And Again
07. Chris Lake – Sundown
08. Avicii – Morphine
09. Armin van Buuren feat. Nadia Ali – Feels So Good (Tristan Garner Remix)
10. Brooklyn Bounce & Discotronic – The Music’s Got Me (Crystal Rock Remix)
11. Skylar Grey – Invisible (Kaskade Remix)
12. Hard Rock Sofa – True Emotion (Original Vocal Mix)